The Week in Music 8/12
UPDATE: PARENT MEETING ON AUGUST 15th
The meeting will take place on Wednesday, August 15th at 5:30-6:30.
Meeting will cover costs and contributions associated with the Sport.
- Covers mandatory performances and our practice schedule
- Learn how to become an active volunteer and how to GET INVOLVED!
- Meet with some members of our board.
- Q and A
- Get signed up for Charms if you have not!
Greetings Buena Music Families,
I hope you all have enjoyed your time off for this week! I am eager to get started on our drill learning and further refining our music.
Marching students: You will need your DOT BOOKS to write your drill coordinates down this week.
· Marching Band and Color Guard camp week 2
o 9:00AM – 5:00PM
§ 9:00-12:00 visual block focus with drill learning
§ 12:00-1:30 Lunch
§ 1:30-5:00 Music block focus, recap some visual if needed.
· Learn Football Stand Tunes/Pep Songs/30-Second Pep Tune Book in small and large sectionals. Please print from CHARMS. Focus on memorization of Part 1 and these songs.
§ Blocks will be switched on Thursday to help facilitate Freshmen Orientation performance. (More details to come on Tuesday)
· Marching Band and Color Guard Parent information meeting
o 5:30 – 6:30 PM
§ Meeting will cover costs and contributions associated with the Sport.
§ Covers mandatory performances and our practice schedule
§ Learn how to become an active volunteer and how to GET INVOLVED!
§ Meet with some members of our board.
§ Q and A
§ Get signed up for Charms if you have not!
· Orientation week:
o Students will be excused for their Orientations. I am working to get Priority to our students so that we can return to practice. Please plan to arrive at 8:00 AM on the day of your orientation to get through the process most effectively/efficiently.
· Friday Football and Practice Schedule
o Marching Practice Schedule
§ 9:00-12:00 – visual and music block at the stadium
· Football itinerary (V. Santa Barbara):
o 4:30 Call time for Warm-Up
o 5:30 Change into uniform (battery down to the locker rooms for Football Team)
o 6:15 March to Stadium
o 6:30 Pre-game show 7:00 Kickoff
o 8:00 Halftime Performance of “Flatland” (what we know of it)
o 3rd Quarter Break:
o Pit pushes equipment back to the band room, hornline and battery return to stands and remove jackets. Use $ to purchase food at the game (buy BMA food at concessions!) NO FOOD NEAR THE TUNICS, GUANTLETS/GLOVES
o 9:30 Game over, march back
o 9:45 Return Uniforms
o 10:30 Dismissal
· Marching Band and Color Guard Beach Day!! @ Harbor Cove Beach at the end of Spinnaker Drive.
o Come enjoy the end of a long week and a football game on Sunday, August 19thstarting at 12:00. We’ll be there for a few hours, but feel free to stay as long as you’d like!
o All families welcome!
· First Season Practice begins on Tuesday,August 21stin the BHS stadium.
· First Day of school – August 22nd!
That’s a lot of information for this week! If it seems like a lot, it will make more sense as we go through. Friday should be a wonderful exposition and a great way to support our Football Team. I’m looking forward to this week, and I hope you do too!
Students – please don’t forget your Dot Books! (If you don’t know what this is, please consult your section leader)