This Week in Buena Music 6/3
Greetings Buena Music Families,
I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing weekend after both the banquet and our final concert this past week! Both were a great triumph for the music program. Our End-Of-Year Concert was a spectacular showing of our groups’ talents. I am so incredibly proud of the hard work and musicianship that our students put into the concert to make it such a large success. Thank you to all that attended to support them!
We have sign-ups available for music finals and next year’s placements on my door – please make sure you check your class and time slot and make sure to commit to that time slot. There are limited amount of slots so if you missed your opportunity on Friday, make sure to check in this week at your earliest opportunity!
I am looking forward to hearing everyone’s finals. We have only a few final events coming up towards the end of the school year.
· June 8th - Vocal Showcase – 6:00-8:00 at BHS Little Theater. Immedietely followed by chamber ensembles (last concert report opportunity – I will allow you to use the choir and chamber ensembles to equal 1 report regardless of ensemble if you are in need of a last-ditch report)
· June 11th– Graduation Practice for Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors in the Band Room After school – 1:00-2:00. This applies only for the Concert Band and Wind Ensemble members.
· June 14th– Graduation – Itinerary TBA
· June 15th– MBSL Training and Rookie Camp; 9:00-1:00
· June 16th– MBSL and Rookie Camp Day 2; 9:00-1:00
This is our last week to prep for the concert in the Little Theater in Friday, June 8th at 6pm! Students, make sure to work in your final preparations for your solo/group acts. We’ll be reviewing our choir songs and practicing on the risers by the end of the week. I need confirmation, but I’m trying to get approval to hold our tech rehearsal Thursday after school, but if that falls through, please plan to come to a tech rehearsal from 3-5 after school on Friday. We’ll need help with set up and break down either way.
Parents: We’d love to have some concessions for the concert! Please contact me at email@example.com you can bring any snacks, drinks, or desserts.
Enjoy your final week of classes and good luck in preparation for your finals!
Just a reminder - the band room will not be open after school most days this week as I will be conducting middle school auditions at Anacapa, Balboa, and DATA. Thank you.